Friday, October 7, 2011

What is Our Purpose?

Last night I was having a conversation with Brandon, we talked about how some people was born to know their purpose in life. "I always know I am meant to be a doctor, I always know I am meant to a ballerina, I always know..." Unfortunately I am still seeking my purpose today. I always see myself as a jack of all trades, but a master of none.

I reckon it would be easier to know what your extreme love is. Just look at Steve Jobs, a man's love for technology and his passion to transform the world through it has brought so much to mankind. I think it was beyond love, it's gotta be hard work, tears, pain and do-it-again-and-again. But at least they know what is their purpose, what they are meant to do.

I am still searching and seeking. But one thing I am very clear is that God has given me the role of being a wife and a mom2b. And I will give my 101% to fulfill the roles. That is why I never take my household chores lightly. I do it unto my Lord, unto the family God has given me. There is joy and satisfaction in keeping the house in tip-top when we think like that.

I am in my homestretch now and I am very excited to have the new addition. I should be nervous about the delivery and the new routine, but thankfully with God, it's much easier. How great is our God, He is all we ever need. I needed Him when I was studying and He came true for me. I needed Him when I was dating, and He came true for us. I needed Him when we were looking for a house and He came true for us. I needed Him now when I was pregnant and He came true for me. And He was with me every step of the way.

If there is one thing I can leave with you today, is God will come true for us again and again. I know He will come true for you today.

Have a blessed weekend y'all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, this is skybri from Livejournal. Just was looking through my posts and found the one where you switched to blogspot. Just wanted to say hi, and I enjoyed your posts on Livejournal and on here (5 years ago). And keep living for Jesus!