Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Our Sacred Call

Hello,

this is June. How's things going for you?

I have abit of time between work so I decided to unwind by coming to this space. I didn't tell anyone this but recently I questioned myself why does people have to go to church. I question my own priority, my loyalty towards my church and my leaders. I asked myself what am I living for and what am I willing to pay the price for.

I believe that every good thing in my life comes from God. I recognised that Jesus gave me the strength and joy to live my life despite of all situations. I commit myself to church because I want to continue to learn. Church is a place where we learn knowledge, social skills, sharing of each other's breakthroughs and directions. I go to church because it prevents me from being selfish. I have a responsibility to share my life and love with the people around me. Going to the church gives me strength and power to excel in my life. Jesus went to the cross for me, and the equation is simple. I need to give Him my life. And the only way to do so is to give Him my time, my affection, my finance, my worries, my weekends and my all.

This is why I can never understand why people refused to commit themselves to church. I understand people's reservations concerning the leadership, but I believe that God is bigger than any physical entity. Sometimes it really hurts me that people choose to live their lives without Jesus. Life can be so hard-pressed at times, and we need God and one another.

The call of God is sacred. When we say yes to God, it is sacred and precious.

I am sorry, I just need to get this off my chest. Get your life right, give your life to Jesus.

No comments: